POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : I/O permissions under windows : I/O permissions under windows Server Time
2 Jul 2024 23:11:53 EDT (-0400)
  I/O permissions under windows
From: earthdog
Date: 16 Jan 2003 12:13:19
Message: <3e26e82f@news.povray.org>
I'm having some problems setting the I/O permissions under pov 3.5 for
windows using XP Pro.  I've read section devoted to it in the documentation
and have set my permissions according to what/where I'd like Pov to write:

PVENGINE.INI=
[Permitted Input Paths]
1=%INSTALLDIR%
2=F:\WINDOWS\Fonts
3=F:\Documents and Settings\jgentry\My Documents\povfiles
4=F:\Documents and Settings\jgentry\My Documents\povfiles\include

[Permitted Output Paths]
1=%INSTALLDIR%\Renderer\ReRun
2=%INSTALLDIR%\Insert Menu
3=F:\Documents and Settings\jgentry\My Documents\povfiles

POVRAY.INI=
Library_Path=F:\Program Files\POV-Ray for Windows v3.5\INCLUDE
Library_Path=F:\WINDOWS\Fonts
Library_Path=F:\Documents and Settings\jgentry\My Documents\povfiles
Library_Path=F:\Documents and Settings\jgentry\My Documents\povfiles\include
;
;
+FN
+OF:\Documents and Settings\jgentry\My Documents\povfiles\

--

I've never run into these problems under Linux and I'm wondering what I'm
doing wrong as far as setting my permissions.

--

Here is the error I get when trying to render a scene with these
permissions:

I/O restriction prohibits write access to 'F:\' for 'Documents.png'.

Press OK to grant.... etc.

--

It seems that Pov is not reading past the spaces in the path names.  If this
is so, how do I fix this?

Have I misinterpreted something in the documentation and have not set my
permissions correctly?

Help would be most appreciated.